Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Morning Syndrome

Few things are better than a lazy Sunday morning. Especially after a long week of travel. It's raining in Boston this morning and I've got Sunday Morning Syndrome - I don't want to get out of my bed. Unfortunately, this will get complicated since there is no one here to brew me coffee.

Last night I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Taranta, a lovely Italian-Peruvian restaurant in my neighborhood. My friends and I took the European approach to dinner and upon arriving at our table we informed our server that we would be having a nice long, leisurely dinner. No problem, she said, and we sat back and relaxed. After a bottle of wine and table of tuna steaks, espresso-crusted filet's, and antipasto, we called it a night.

I think my body is still adjusting to the time zone changing -- I came home and immediately crawled into bed. Now I'm enjoying the quiet sounds of a Sunday morning.

No comments: