Sunday, May 11, 2008

Countdown to Rome! T-26 Days

The countdown is on! Rome in under one month. I've been told packing for Rome is going to be complicated -- it's a city that delights in fashion, so while comfort is the way to go during the day, posh style is the way to go by night. I've gone spring shopping -- well, most of it's done, I have a few more pieces to buy -- and after I buy a few more pairs of spring/summer shoes I'm ready to go.

Caveat: I have a shoe addiction. It's bad. I have a spare room with a spare closet and it's full of spare shoes. One day years ago, my BFF Lynn made me promise that every time I buy a new pair of shoes, I have to throw out a current pair. I'm pleased to report that to date, I've kept my promise.

But the entire concept of shopping, packing and shoes got me thinking... what should I splurge on in Rome?

Here's one of my favorite travel tips: Always buy yourself something that reminds you of the place you're visiting. This can be something as little as a charm or large as an oil painting, but every time you look at your purchase you'll remember where you were when it was purchased.

I started a poll on this blog to get your opinions. Let me know what you think, and I just might go with the majority vote...

1 comment:

Me said...

Handbag!!!!

I am thinking shoes for myself.