Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nantucket (Finally)

This weekend is finally the long-awaited weekend on Nantucket. I've coerced my friend Heather into traveling with me. For one thing, it gives me a little security on a tiny plane, and second, she's a lot of fun. What I'm most looking forward to is Heather's journey on the plane. She's probably as tall as the plane. I wonder where they'll ask her to sit.

We leave tomorrow at 5:55 p.m. and arrive Nantucket 40 minutes later - just in time to find dinner. I'm thinking cheap seafood. Sadly, the weather forecast for Saturday calls for rain. At this point, I will hike in the rain, beach in the rain, and walk through the rain to get this article complete. Heather suggested a little pub crawl through Nantucket to find the cheapest beers. I can get on board with that, actually. Maybe a couple pit stops for pizza and dogs -- and a quick update on the blog -- then back to the beer.

Anyone else have suggestions? The concept is cheap finds in Nantucket, so if you know of any, share them now!

No comments: