Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Filofax + Average American Woman = True Love

I recently purchased a new mini Filofax. It's small, it's red, it holds my business cards and it's an attempt at staying organized - so far, so good. But I was simply full of glee this afternoon when I opened my new red leather-bound friend and turned to the section on conversions. (That's one of the best things about these organizers --they come with conversion charts, currency descriptions, telephone numbers and important travel dates.

If you're ever in Shanghai and need help finding the train station, Filofax recommends you ask a local, "火車站". I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce that, but I believe that Filofax is correct.

In any case, I happened upon the Clothing Size Equivalents page in my Filofax and I was pleased to see that Filofax started the size conversion with a size 8. SIZE 8. Not size 00. Not size -2. Size 8. The size of the average American woman. The size that many modeling agencies consider 'fat'. Filofax takes their size equivalent chart up to a size 22.

Thank you, Filofax, for recognizing the beauty of a size 8 and beyond.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Real women have curves. And there's nothing wrong with Size 8.

Hell, that's Cal Ripken's number.