Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mid-day Tea Update

I have a headache and I'm falling asleep at my desk. I just brewed a cup of green tea -- waiting for it to kick in. Meanwhile, I researched some coffee vs. tea stats and found this bit rather enlightening:

Starbucks Grande coffee: 320 mg/caffeine
Speciality brewed teas: between 40-120 mg/caffeine (depending on the type of tea)

I've basically cut my caffeine intake in half. This would explain my headache. I've alerted my co-workers so that when I crash at my desk they won't be alarmed. I've also alerted my editor in the event my words don't make any sense. I blame the lack of caffeine.

2 comments:

Me said...

You know...

According to some reading I've been doing... People with Type A blood actually do better on coffee than black tea.

It has something to do with how our bodies work with the "energy" (e.g., "food") we put in to it. And people with a blood type of A do well on coffee and green tea. But not black tea.

I've switched back to coffee in the mornings, and green tea in the afternoons. There are so many other things I am "not allowed" to have because of my blood type that I will JUMP at the chance for anything I can get along the lines of "junk food."

Frogger said...

Interesting point. I'm going to try this theory out through the weekend and see what happens.

Wait a second... no I'm not. I'm going to Rome next week. AS IF I'm not going to drink coffee when I'm there. Ok, that's it -- tea transfer starts AFTER Rome!