Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Coffee vs. Tea Debate

Here's the thing about coffee addicts -- we are obsessive about the quality of the coffee. This water-downed brown liquid that is served in airplanes and in airports is for amateur coffee drinkers. Sadly, sometimes that's the only choice. Unless you're a tea drinker. Tea drinkers usually have a choice and so today I've decided: I am now a tea drinker.

I'm switching my caffeine addiction from coffee to tea. Instead of starting my morning with a cup of freshly-brewed strong coffee, I'm going to enjoy a hot and steamy cup of tea. I've already warned my co-workers and my friends who are reading this are likely shaking their head and making mental notes to not be around me in the morning BUT... I think it's a good switch for a few reasons:
  • Tea is healthier for you.
  • Green tea is loaded with herbs and antioxidants.
  • In some cases, tea has more caffeine than coffee.
  • Personally, I like the flavor variations of tea better than coffee.
  • I am sick and tired of brown water being served as a substitute for coffee on airlines.
I started my day with a cup of Bombay Chai. It's strong, it's spicy, and so far, it's keeping me awake.

No comments: