Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alernate Routes at the Airport

It's 7:45 a.m. St. Louis time - I was the airport at 6 a.m., my flight doesn't leave until 12 noon. No, it's not because I'm fleeing the city. Dad had an early business flight and I figured I might as well hit the airport, too. Dad's a kick-ass traveler and knows all the secret hiding spots. In St. Louis, three of the four terminals are connected so instead of waiting in line at the main security check-point, we bypassed the masses and went to another security line used mainly for charter flights. There were two people in that security line: me and Dad. We breezed through security just as a family with newborns was approaching.

I have a lot of respect for those women who can whisk through a security line with baby bjorn's and toddlers at toe, plus diaper bags and personal items. It makes my airport woes slightly more selfish, but that's the nature of being single, I suppose.

My friend Jane sent this new blog written by one of her mommy friends and this is one awesome forum to share the kiddy news. Go Get Your Jacket is written by working women with full-time mommy jobs, too, and offers an insight into helping flow the career and parenthood paths. Enjoy!

No comments: