Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shopping -- The Ultimate Escape

Honestly, I don't know why people live in St. Louis. Ok, I guess that's not fair - some people do like St. Louis and have made a home here. But I just don't understand why. It's like a city in the middle of a corn field filled with cow crap. It's hot and muggy - and it's only May - and everyone seems to be in slow-motion here. The number of times I wanted to stick my head out the car door window and scream "Move!!" is endless.

Maybe this is more of a self-reflection issue. Obviously, I was not right for St. Louis but that doesn't mean St. Louis isn't right for everyone else. My sister is doing well here, although secretly I think she wishes she were overlooking the Florida beaches, and my Grama hasn't left this town in 77 years. For some people, St. Louis works. For me, a flight to St. Louis is an excuse to escape my childhood by shopping!

Best part of the weekend? Shopping with my sister! I finally bought a pair of white pants I have been needing for summer outfits and I purchased a few fun "evening" tops for the summer. Since sis had to pick up shoes, I grabbed myself a pair, too. It's an addiction people. Check out my new Karen Scott Birch Sandals in tortoise. And a new black and white top from White House/Black Market.






I'm sitting the airport lounge -- 4.5 hours to go until my flight home...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love both of those! White House Black Market is a dangerous store for me, too much great stuff.