Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ciao, Rome!

Tuscany may be cancelled, but Rome is on! MFTM (my friend The Missus) re-arranged our flights this morning and we're heading to Rome.

MFTM fell in love with Rome years ago when she visited and has always wanted to go back. I guess everything happens for a reason. Ironic that I started this blog/book with Rome in mind. Conforming to cultures is essential in the search for paradise, and now I get to blend in with the culture that started it all.


Things to do in Rome:
  • Visit the Vatican
  • Enjoy as many outdoor cafes as I can
  • Write as much as I can from the outdoor cafes
  • Tour the museums
  • Climb the Spanish Steps
  • Kiss an Italian man atop the Spanish Steps (must be cute, young and adorable)
  • Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure another trip back to the Eternal City

**Additional things to do: Drink lots of wine!

2 comments:

Me said...

Why is there no mention of "wine"?

You realize wine is cheaper than water there, right?

Anonymous said...

i am so jealous of a girls' trip to rome, you guys will have such fun!

and yes, order wine with EVERY meal...so cheap, so good!