Friday, June 20, 2008

Travel Depression

Since coming back from Rome I've been extremely busy, which is a good thing, because when I look at my calendar I have no upcoming travel plans. It's travel depression - I feel lost not having a place to pack for or a destination to focus on. Where am I supposed to go? What am I supposed to do? I'm contemplating a day at the airport just to feed my soul.

So it got me thinking... what can I do around town to not feel like I'm in town? My solution - explore other neighborhoods. Tonight, I'm heading across the river to a bar I haven't been to in about 10 years to hear a band I've never heard of. Why? Heh -- why not? Maybe it will cure my travel depression, at least for the time being. And who knows... maybe I'll find new sound to groove to until my travel starts up again.

No comments: