Saturday, June 7, 2008

David Caruso in Rome

I'm a big fan of "CSI: Miami" so imagine my surprise when David Caruso (a.k.a., Horatio) walked into the hotel bar when I was waiting for MFTM. I wanted to grab him and yell, "I can't belive they shot you!!" (If you're a CSI fan you know what I'm talking about. If you're not, too bad). Turns out he's in town filming the new Ron Howard movie, "Angels and Demons," based on the Dan Brown bestseller.
(Side note... apparently there has been talk on whether or not he is actually "in" the film. I don't know. I honestly don't care. I'd personally prefer he were back shooting CSI, but I'm not in the Hollywood business so I don't make these decisions).

Caruso was swarmed by fans wanting pictures, so I casually walked past the chaos and into the bar (seriously people, there was wine waiting for me). I found a little nook where I could watch the scene and still enjoy a house red. He made his way through the bar and the staff mobbed him for a picture. Sadly, no one had a camera.

"I can take it for you," I said. "I will just email the picture from the room."

Just then a hotel front desk agent came in with her cell phone camera. My services were not needed so I went back to my wine. The amateur paparazzi event ended and DC and his lady friend walked out of the bar, but not before he stopped and -- dig this, please -- put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Thanks so much for offering your camera. Let me buy you this glass of wine."

I can now officially say that the first man to buy me a glass of wine in Rome was David Caruso. Anyone seen Clooney? Pitt?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shouldn' David Caruso be filming CSI Miami right now?

Frogger said...

That's what I thought, too. But according to the news here, he's working with Tom Hanks and Ron Howard on "Angels and Demons." That also explains why the Forums were "closed" yesteray - we think they were filming... interesting.

Elizabeth said...

That is very cool