Monday, June 2, 2008

Rome in Five Days!

It's finally here!! I leave for Rome in five days and I couldn't be more excited. The food, the wine, the shopping. If this were heaven, God would have a glass of chianti waiting for me at the Pearly Gates.

What to pack? From what I understand, Rome is high on fashion. Casual during the day. Elegant at night. That means checked luggage.

Here's what I have so far:

  • two pairs of jeans
  • one pair of black casual pants
  • one pair of black dress pants
  • four skirts (white, khaki for day; black and animal print for night)
  • five evening shirts (silk, likely black)
  • five day shirts (cotton)
  • one pair of shorts (do I even own shorts? I'll have to look...)
  • Workout clothes
  • shoes... this will be a problem
    • tennis shoes for my grand delusions of running in the mornings
    • black flats for walking
    • flip-flops for lounging
    • brown wedge heels to go with brown silk/cotton top
    • black heels for evenings out
What am I missing?

1 comment:

Jane said...

I like to bring a nightgown or bathrobe for lounging around my hotel.