Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Survey: French Tourists Most Unpopular

There are few things I don't love about the French. Give me a baguette and brie, a glass of Bordeaux, something Chanel and a seat at an outdoor cafe and call me happy. I love the French - from their fashion to their food, I find the French to be irresistible. However, it seems that once the French leave their own country they become rather unruly.

In a recent survey conducted by Expedia.com, the French were voted the least liked when traveling abroad. The survey, which was given to 15,000 hoteliers, declared the French "fiscally conservative", especially when it comes to tipping. Some went so far to say they are "mean" when it comes to their hotel room. The Germans came in a close second in the "mean" category.

So which culture did hoteliers deem the nicest traveler? The Japanese won out in that category, followed by the British.

No comments: