Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home From Rome. Back to Reality

I already miss the food, the wine, the people and sights and the aura of Rome. Looking forward to returning to Rome (thinking next Spring).

The worst part about coming back from vacation is being slapped back into reality. After dragging my luggage up the four flights of stairs, I walked into my semi-clean apartment and immediately realized, I forget to take out the garbage before I left. Good thing it's trash night in the city. Starving, I went to find something in my refrigerator but alas, having been traveling for the past three weeks there is nothing more than moldy cheese and stale grapefruit juice. I opt for a nap and wake up at 9 p.m. Famished. I drag myself and my trash downstairs and after dumping the foul-odored bag on the street corner, I opted for a salad at a nearby take-out cafe. After three bites, I went home and crawled into bed.

On the agenda for Friday:
  • Grocery shopping
  • unpacking
  • cleaning
Reality bites.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Welcome back. Can't wait to hear the stories.