Monday, June 9, 2008

Rome Day Three: The Vatican and St. Peter's Bascillica

I'm still a little overwhelmed by today's sights so I promise to post more later, but for now, if you ever get to Rome do not pass up a chance to visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Bascillica. There is a strong sprititual connection one has when first walking into the Vatican (said the Jewish girl) but it's not about your religious beliefs (at least not for me). For me, the connection is with heaven and earth and it's worth a moment to take it all in.


I found it inspiring that throughout the Vatican Museums and in the Sistene Chapel the Star of David was iconically placed throughout the floors and in the walls.


Walking into St. Peter's is (pardon the cliche) heavenly. The sights, statues and private services being held are inspiring and emotional.

More insight to come later...

1 comment:

Dan said...

I want to be there. Nice pics.