Wednesday, April 23, 2008

To Pack, or What Not to Pack?

How do you pack for 10 days in London? That question has been on my mind for weeks now. It's not like me to waste so much of my brain cells on packing for a trip. Usually, this gets done the night before I leave.
  1. Open closet doors
  2. Grab the first few items that aren't wrinkled
  3. Add coordinating pants or top to above chosen items
  4. Add socks and undergarments
  5. Close bag
Shoes are always a problem. How can you possibly predict what shoes you're going to feel like wearing a week from now? UGH, the pressure!!!

This London trip is part business, part pleasure so it's essential to bring clothes that work with both sides of life. Here's what I have so far:
  • Two silk tops -- purple and black
  • Two pairs of jeans -- one to wear on plane; one to have for later
  • One pair of black trousers -- good work pants
  • One skirt -- you never know when you feel like showing some leg
  • One black turtleneck
  • One black 3/4 length sweater
  • Two patterned tank tops -- adorable with jeans and a cardigan
  • One black cardigan (glad I wrote that or I would have forgotten)
  • Running clothes
  • PJ's
  • Shoes... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Missus, who is traveling with me to London for business/pleasure trip, said, "Bring flats...all flats...good walking flats." Right. Flats. I don't own flats. I'm short and have boobs. In order for people not to notice my top half, I have to compensate my bottom half by wearing heels. Heels make your legs look longer, thus eliminating the effect of the boobs. She's short and curvy. Flat's look good on her. Heels look good on me. Flip-flops I have. Flats I do not.

Note to self: Buy flats.

Anything I'm forgetting?

1 comment:

Legally Brunette said...

An umbrella, for sure! Maybe a mid or light-weight black jacket (it can get colder at night, and it may rain). I totally sympathize w/ the shoe issues as I am also short and "voluptuous," as my mother politely puts it. (I also have flat feet so I can't even wear flat shoes comfortably, which is a shame since they are cute!) Anyway, you might also consider wearing wedges, since they are both comfortable and give you height. I trekked around Europe for two weeks last fall and wore wedges all day, and brought heels for the evenings.