Sunday, April 27, 2008

Me and McQueen

If there's one thing I truly admire about the U.K. -- besides the Crown Jewels, the Beefeaters, Princes Harry and William, London's ravens and the truly admirable cleanliness -- it's the fashion. Londoners have a unique sense of fashion. In fact, that's exactly it -- they are unique and they aren't afraid to show it, so they wear daring combinations and it turns out, those combos work. So when in London, go shopping. You never know what you might find.

Months ago I laid eyes on an Alexander McQueen scarf that I wanted -- needed! -- desperately. But, it was only affordable by taking out a loan and I knew that wouldn't be a wise decision so I succumbed to the idea of never having the new McQueen skull scarf. But today, me and McQueen were united. Thank you, Harrods, for bringing together two lost loves -- my wardrobe and one black/purple skull scarf at almost half the price I would have paid for it in the states. I almost opted for the black/red neck scarf. I was with our favorite fashion blogger The Missus, who pointed out that the longer silk scarf (pictured above) would wear well during all seasons and it's a great travel piece. And so, I wrapped myself in McQueen and it was true love.

Some things in Europe are cheaper (despite the bad dollar-pound conversion) and absolutely worth knocking people over in Harrods department store because you only have 30 minutes until the store closes and you're on a freaking mission to find Alexander McQueen. We would have had 45 minutes, but we spent 15 minutes trying to locate the washrooms, which were hidden behind the Marc Jacob's and Pucci racks on floor 2. And of course, we were sidetracked by the gorgeous Spring 08 collections...

No comments: