Friday, April 4, 2008

Mr. Demille, I'm Ready For My Close Up

It's possible this could be my big break. Just like George Costanza, I too was asked to be a hand model.

Yesterday we had a production crew come through the office to shoot some footage for a "B-roll" (industry term). The roll is to send to media outlets for interview pitches and coverage. I digress...

I was asked to be the model, thank you very much, and sit pretty in front of a computer for almost an hour while the camera crew filmed my hands maneuvering the Internet. The purpose: find cheap flights and travel reviews. The only thing I was missing was a wedding ring -- which apparently the crew wanted as prop to appeal to the audience. But as I pointed out, single people travel, too. They kind of shut up and moved on with taping.

So watch out, folks! My manicured hands might be discovered and I'm off to the big time with all the other George Costanza's. Meanwhile, while I wait for the phone to ring, I'm off to Nantucket in eight hours.

No comments: