Friday, April 25, 2008

12 Hours Until 6 Hours of Rest

It's ironic really, that one who is a travel writer gets weary from travel.

The one thing I'm looking forward to about London is the 6 hour plane ride. It'll be the first time in weeks I've had a chance to sit and relax. And the best thing about international flights is the free cocktails. The sound of metal-on-metal as the twisty-top of a tiny bottle of Merlot opens is keeping me going today...

When I flew to Portugal the in-flight movie was on one big screen and the feature film was "Mr. Bean's Holiday," which was a rather unfortunate choice. And I was seated between two young girls who were flying to Boston for a holiday, and were already starting their holiday with Bud Light plane-side. I digress...

If all goes well with American Airlines, I'll be resting comfortably from seat 39H around 7pm. Fingers crossed.

Quick check-list:
Passport -- CHECK
British Pounds -- CHECK
Converters -- CHECK
Vanity Fair -- CHECK
OH %#!*%@ -- I forgot my book in my apartment. Off to Borders...

No comments: