Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When in Rome: The Movie

The powers that be at Walt Disney have added a little romantic comedy to my life, and they cast Kristin Bell as the lead.

When in Rome, a Walt Disney Pictures release, is due out this fall. The plot:

"A successful New York realtor can't find love, but when her younger sister marries in Rome, she flies out for the wedding and after picking up coins from a reputed "fountain of love," she finds an overabundance of suitors waiting for her back home."

Hm...

New York -- Boston. It's comparable. I would never go into real estate, but I guess the writer thing has been done already ala Carrie Bradshaw. I do have a younger sister, but since she refuses to leave the country and just experienced the travel day from hell, I doubt she would marry in Rome (it works for the whole plot of the movie...I get it).

I just returned from Rome and threw at least 3 pounds worth of coins into the 'fountain of love' and picked up a few coins while I was there, but there was no overabundance of men waiting for me back home. Just my landlord, who wanted the rent, and the neighborhood homeless guy who found the top step leading into my apartment building as a comfortable spot to sleep for the night.

So Walt Disney Pictures and Mark Steven Johnson, go for it! Turn my luck around with the release of a movie similar in too many ways to my life... and if you'd like, I'm happy to throw a few stories your way. When in Rome, you just never know what will happen...

No comments: