Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Facing Fears: Claustrophobia

I hate elevators, small spaces and rooms packed with people. When Italy won the World Cup two summers ago and everyone crowded the streets to celebrate, I attempted to claw my way out of the masses of people. Thankfully, my one friend pulled me back in (for fear that I was going to get trampled on) and guided me through the crowd.

Today I learned that our corporate summer outing will force me to face my fear once again. I am a team player, but before I get my game on for this team adventure I will throw back a couple cocktails (or an anti-anxiety pill). We're heading into The TOMB.

Apparently, the TOMB is a great "team building" experience that puts you "head to head with Pharaoh" and "presents a mind-bending adventure of sights, sounds and action that's sure to get under your skin!"


I called the TOMB and bluntly asked, "What is the alternative for people who are claustrophobic?" The manager told me that aside from the one room where the ceiling comes down on you, it's not really all that bad.

Lovely.

No comments: