Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Will Survive

I survived car crashes (two of which I was in the driver seat).
I survived the Washington, DC sniper.
I survived major surgeries, and those surgeries of loved ones.
I survived a 6-seater plane pendulum-swinging through the air and flopping about while flying through a black cloud on its way to Boston.
I survived the police finding the remains of a congressional intern's dead body in a park only steps from my backyard while DC politicians were taken into custody and the media swarmed around my apartment building.
I survived the anthrax scare in Washington, DC.
I survived 32 years, so far.

I do not know how I'm going to survive this week at the office.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hang in there. Starbucks Ventis and an occasional walk through the Public Gardens do wonders.

Frogger said...

My ventis have been my lifesaver this week! And believe me, a good run (or two or three) is on my calendar of things to do this weekend.