Thursday, July 31, 2008

Voyage to Our Nation's Capitol

I'm off for a (hot and humid 100 degree) weekend in Washington, DC. So far the weather is holding up -- fingers crossed for a few more hours of sunshine before the rain clouds roll in.

Tomorrow we start our day at 10 a.m. at Sen. Edward Kennedy's office. We'll be getting a tour of the Capitol Building and then we're off to lunch at Union Station. By 2 p.m. we'll be at the International Spy Museum, where I will be taking deep breaths and repeating to myself "It's only a game, it's only a game," as I attempt to solve puzzles that will get me out of confined spaces and elevator shafts. Tomorrow night, dinner at one of Washington's best seafood restaurants, Tony & Joe's.

Going to be a long day on Friday ... but maybe it just be the effort I need to put forth in order to crash in bed later that night.

Talk to you Monday!

No comments: