Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vacation Day 1

6 a.m.: Woke up and reminded myself I didn't have to go to work today. Extra points because it's raining outside, so I didn't have to get out of bed to walk in the rain.

8 a.m.: Moved from the bed to the sofa to watch the news in HD. Coffee on. Laptop booting up.

9 a.m.: Read the online news and blogs; checked email. SCORE: The Huffington Post commented on the travel report I've been working on for the past month. Had a few proud, gloating moments to myself before researching the travel news of today.

10 a.m.: The Sound of Music-themed hotel in Salzburg has been put on hold. This put a damper in my day. I am one of "The Sound of Music" fans who was actually considering a trip to Salzburg just to stay at this hotel.

11 a.m.: Off to the dentist to get a cavity re-filled. Not a new cavity, thank you very much, but a crack in the current one.

11:30 a.m.: Big needle in mouth. Hate. This. Part.

11:35 a.m.: Cannot feel my mouth. Tongue numb. Ears tingling. Numb. Nice lady in blue scrubs gives me dark-colored glasses to put over my eyes so random tooth pieces don't go flying into my eyes.

1:00 p.m.: Home from dentist. Still numb. I don't think I have a tongue. Ears still tingling. Novocaine numbed entire right side of my face. Numb, numb, numb...

----

Waiting anxiously for Novocaine to wear off. I hate this part - I hate feeling "not myself." This is likely why I never got into drugs, although I suppose the feeling I get from a good bottle of wine could be considered a good high.

Dinner tonight with a co-worker at one of my favorite restaurants in Boston.

1 comment:

Jane said...

It must be that time of year -- I had dental work yesterday, again for an old filling that had cracked. Then off to a conference call, trying not to sound drunk with one half of my mouth numbed...