Sunday, December 28, 2008

Concept: One Day Coast-to-Coast Travel

Airlines are having intense fare sales right now and it got me thinking, "where could I go, and how much can I really afford to spend?"

At dinner last night I was chatting with a friend about Virgin America's new flights from Boston. For a limited time, Virgin America is offering discounted one-way fares on Boston flights to Los Angeles and San Francisco to celebrate their new route.

"For that fare, you can fly out that morning, have dinner in L.A. and then fly back that night for less than you'd spend at a nice dinner in Boston," my friend said.

Hmmmm.

That would be rather fun, and different. If I take the 7 a.m. flight to Los Angeles I arrive at 10:35 a.m. I can spend the day playing in L.A. then take the 9:15 p.m. flight back and be at work the next day. It's an intriguing concept...

Virgin America is famous for its in-flight services, so the long coast-to-coast flight wouldn't seem so bad given the computer games, in-flight chat systems and mini-bars on the plane. It would be fun to say I flew to L.A. for dinner.


I may not be Julia Roberts, but that doesn't mean I can't portray "Pretty Woman".

Anyone want in on this crazy idea?

4 comments:

Me said...

Umm... I'd do it.

Frogger said...

Yes, you would, and that's why I've already added you as a co-pilot on this trip. The question is: do we go to L.A. or San Francisco? Time to decide... Virgin America Boston flights start in Feb...

Me said...

Hmmm.. I think SFO is easier to get to San Frisco from...

LAX is pretty far from the city, from what I understand.

With SFO, I believe we can just hop on the BART and get into the city.

Kitty said...

I think it sounds awesome! But you know that already :)