Saturday, December 27, 2008

On Vacation: Day 2

I am off of work - or at least, off of the office - until Jan. 5. I have one week to finish off this year - and what a year it's been.

Today, I woke up to grey skies and raindrops. I made a cup of coffee, checked email, balanced my checkbook and organized my bills. BFF called - she's in NYC with her in-laws (who are from France) and just left Stage Deli - one of my favorites. I miss New York - can't wait to go in a few weeks.

Flipping through the channels, I tuned into the original, "Annie" - a classic. I love Albert Finney.

The movie ended and I opted for a run. I don't mind running in the rain - the streets are clearer and so is my mind. I ran 2.3 miles and came home. Well, I walked half of that distance, but made an effort to run the hills and walk the flats.

Home, with dye on my hair. I refuse to go into 2009 with greys. Meeting my friend Undercover Blonde for cocktails at 5pm.

Time to wash the dye out.

No comments: