Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Toast to the Holidays

What's more fun than festive cocktails at holiday season? Laughing (or laughing at) the stupid things you (or your co-workers/friends) said, thanks to the festive cocktails.

New York Times writer Glenn Eichler penned a piece about the great things that come out of people's mouth after a couple adult beverages. His opinion piece, "Really, It's the Booze Talking," Eichler offers up some of his favorite alcohol-enhanced comments of the year past.

Sadly, I'm quite certain some of these lines came from my mouth just last week...

Glenn, if you're reading, stop following me around with a tape recorder. The line about living next door for 10 years was an awesome conversation starter (even though I know where I've lived for 10 years). And my friends did confirm that I was wearing pants at the holiday party.

Disclaimer: I firmly believe that one shouldn't be held responsible for what one says after one has been drinking with one's co-workers. Once alcohol enters the room, all bets are off.

No comments: