Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deck the Halls...Trim the Tree... Mike's Pastry

I've enjoyed two days off work (one more to come this Monday).

Hair cut = CHECK.
Bills paid = CHECK.
Sovereign Bank bitch-fest = CHECK. (long story, but here's the gist: I closed an account, and a bill payer who hadn't updated their systems attempted to withdraw money from my closed account...and Sovereign let them!)
Seek out dress for upcoming bat mitzvah = CHECK (and purchased).
Laundry = CHECK.
New makeup = CHECK.

The only thing I didn't do was have lunch with my dearest friend - we canceled due to the ice storm that blanketed the state. So today, I head to Hingham to decorate the Christmas tree with friend and her family. I'm feeling very nostalgic this holiday season - the idea of decorating a tree, sipping hot chocolate, taking pictures and enjoying the comforts of home seems perfect. And, because I know how much her husband loves sweets, I'll show up with a nice box of goodies from Mike's Pastry.

No comments: