Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting: A Right or a Responsibility?

Question: What if you don't believe in either candidate?

Check out the heated discussion happening over at On Common Ground...

Personally, I believe voting is a responsibility. It's your responsibility as an American to vote for your local, state and federal rules and rights. If you choose not to vote, then you live with what the final decision is, and you forfeit your right to complain about policy-makers. However, you do get the right to bitch about policy, so long as you pay taxes and contribute to state funding.

1 comment:

Jane said...

TOTALLY a responsibility. Of course, I was raised by a poli-sci major who threatened to come back and haunt me if I ever failed to vote in any election. So I do it out of fear, basically. Because she would totally do it.