Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dear President-elect Obama,

Today you won a hard-fought battle and your prize is America. It won't be an easy road - there are a lot of challenges ahead of you and whether you like it or not, you've got a horrible mess to clean-up from the last guy. Not even a Saturday Night Live skit can mask the problems America is suffering from, so it's up to you to turn things around.

I voted for you, and I believe in you. Here are some things to keep in mind:
  • Don't defy your integrity. It's what got you here; it's what will keep you here.
  • Please save my money. I worked hard - very hard - for the little money I have. While I am in a stable job, making a good salary and actually contributing to a real investment plan, I don't feel I'm obligated to give back to the corrupt CEOs or the lazy people who didn't take time to understand policy and procedure before entering into an agreement that would rattle the U.S. economy.
  • Please, for the love of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, can you find the man who tried to kill us seven years ago? He's about 6'5", lives in a cave, and reports claim he's on dialysis so it's likely he'll be attached to a couple machines. Be careful, he travels with smart and potentially-dangerous people, but then again, so do you...
  • Remember your roots, your community values and the reason you were elected, the change you can bring. This will keep you humble, focused and trusted, unlike the last guy.
Most of all, Mr. President, remember to embrace the opportunity that America has given you. Today marks a significant day in history - the day America cast aside the remnants of our past generations and looked toward the future. We do have a dream, you can help make sure it comes true.

God bless America.
Yours truly,
Frogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this!.."Please save my money. I worked hard - very hard - for the little money I have. While I am in a stable job, making a good salary and actually contributing to a real investment plan, I don't feel I'm obligated to give back to the corrupt CEOs or the lazy people who didn't take time to understand policy and procedure before entering into an agreement that would rattle the U.S. economy." I am sick and tired of giving up my hard earned money to save the lazy/corrupt people of this country. We should all learn to take some responsibilty. Very good points in this letter :)

Frogger said...

Thank you, Carrie!