Thursday, November 13, 2008

One Hour: Gone

Where did my one hour go?

I made a pact with my friend Legally Brunette to devote one hour of our days to us, and I failed on day three. Ironically, 3 is my lucky number so that's somewhat disappointing. I read her one hours and I'm so jealous...grocery shopping, cuddle breaks with husband, TV time. She's done an exceptional job at sticking to the pact. I, on the other hand, didn't get very far.

In my fridge: parmesan cheese and bottled water.
On my sofa: No husband with whom to cuddle.
On the TV: Not sure, as the sound is muted.

Work started at 7 a.m. Work ended at 7:30 p.m. Family crisis started at 6:30 p.m. Hiatus from 7-7:15 p.m., while I was interviewing a source for an article. Family crisis re-started at 7:15 p.m.

It's almost 9 p.m. and I haven't had dinner, haven't gone through the pile of mail on my kitchen counter, and while I have had a couple glasses of wine, I feel it's lost of me as I'm nowhere near relaxed as I should be.

Flip side: Busy, but productive day at work. Good meetings - albeit exhausting - and thankful for a job I love getting up for every day.

I'll end this post now in an effort to jump on the coming hour. First, "The Office," followed by "30 Rock" - 1 hour of prime-time comedy. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Legally Brunette said...

Sorry you had so much family stuff to deal with..it's the worst.
We should take some of our Me time and get together for coffee or drinks soon. Let me know!