Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nantucket Reserved!

My flight is reserved (courtesy of Cape Air), my hotel is booked and my rental car will be waiting for me when I arrive in Nantucket next Friday evening. My Dad asked who I was taking with me and I told him I was going alone. He seemed to think that was odd; I think it's therapeutic.

I've scoped out some must-do's such as the lighthouse tours and a wine tasting at the local vineyard. Also on the list:

  • Find the best ice cream cone
  • Take in a Nantucket sunset
  • Trek the perfect hiking trail
  • Grab a burger and a beer in an off-the-beaten path place
  • Hunt for the must-have Nantucket trinket of the season
My only concern: it's supposed to rain next Friday. I'm not sure how I feel about flying in an 8-seater during a rain storm. But my friends have assured me it's going to be fine. Ironically, none of them have ever flown to Nantucket in an 8-seater Cessna during a rain storm.

No comments: