Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Airfare Rule #1: Buy Your Ticket, and Never Look Back

Yesterday, I found a fare from Boston to Pisa (one stop, exit row seating, if you remember) at a not-so-great-bargain. We purchased the tickets -- it was time -- we were ready -- the trip has already cost us a blooming fortune. This morning, as if the Expedia Gods were punishing me for buying through Cheaptickets, there was a message in my inbox:

"Fares to Pisa have dropped!" Eagerly, I click the "book now" button just to see if they really have dropped. They did. They dropped $296!

$296 = $194 Euros
$296 = Round-trip airfare to Las Vegas where I could conceivably win enough money to pay for the trip to Tuscany
$296 = Enough money to pay my accountant for doing my taxes

But I will not look back. Tickets are purchased on Delta, seats are occupied. Delta had better bring me roses and call me Queen when I board the plane.

No comments: