Sunday, March 30, 2008

Best Breakfast in Boston: Toro

Run, do not walk, to Toro Restaurant in Boston's South End. This funky little place serves a bull of a breakfast.

I met a girlfriend at 11 a.m. and it's a good thing we were both there on time. The place filled up within 15 minutes and for good reason. The brunch menu is beyond words. Choose from french toast, various egg dishes, empanadas and an exotic array of side dishes. I fell in love with my scrambled eggs, asparagus and avocado plate. But the way to my heart is through plantains, and Toro had them... baked, not fried, and perfectly arranged on a pretty white plate.

It's truly the little things in life that make a difference. After licking my plate clean we kept the indulgence going by treating ourselves to a pedicure. It's the perfect way to spend a Sunday.

No comments: