Thursday, October 9, 2008

Waiting... and Waiting... for My Money

It's 9:33 p.m. 
I've been on hold with my investment bank for 43 minutes. Mike came on the line and asked how he could help me.

"Hi Mike. I'd like to move my money into a cash reserves fund for the short-term."

"Sure. My role is an account maintenance professional and I can help answer questions about your account, but I will have to transfer you to a fund trader to manage your transaction."

"Ok, Mike. Thanks. Any chance you have a friend who is a fund trader who might owe you a favor so I don't have to wait another 45 minutes?" 

Mike said he does not. I don't believe Mike, but I'm cutting him some slack as I'm quite sure that he's been very busy tonight. 

It is now 9:38 p.m. and I am still waiting for the trader. Kudos to the investment bank, though, for having nice, calming background music. It's not distracting me from "Grey's Anatomy."

******

10:03 p.m. and Carl has just come on the phone to help me. Nice guy, this Carl - he and went so far as to say, "Let's do this together online so you know how to do this in the future if you want to make any changes, and then you won't have to wait on hold."

Carl and I walked through my account online, he showed me where my money is and what's left of what I had, and then showed me how to move it to cash. Thank you, Carl, for being so helpful and explaining this to me. 

It might shock you all to know that I have a bachelor's of science in finance, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to navigate an online trading site.

No comments: