Thursday, October 23, 2008

The $150,000 Wardrobe

While standing in the office today, my co-worker and friend The Missus turned and said to me, "You cannot wear those jeans." And so, we decided to go shopping after work. Unfortunately, we didn't do very well. I tried on at least a dozen pairs of jeans and none of them worked. We finally agreed, maybe I wasn't a "jeans" gal. Maybe I should stick with my dress pants and rock 'em the best way I can. But jeans, not so much. 

If I had extra money, or maybe I was the vice presidential nominee, I would have a $150,000 to spend on clothes and pay for a personal shopper to dress me. I don't have that kind of spending cash, but if I did, I can assure you it wouldn't be spent on clothes. Which brings up a new topic of conversation... 

In the midst of a financial crisis, if you were running for an office that helps balance the budget of the U.S. economy, would you spend $150,000 on clothes? (Cast your vote on the poll to the right.)

No comments: