Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Should... Sing

I should scream and yell at people. 
I should beat some people over the head until they bleed. 
I should show some people the error of their ways and shake them until they see reality. 
I should not let my blood pressure get too high.
I thank G-d for red wine.

But I'm refraining from getting mad. My meditation counselor might tell me tomorrow that this is not the right method of dealing with my frustrations, but today, I refrain.

And so I sing... the lyrics of the day... which are not mean, angry or vulgar. Instead I'll try a happy tune that sort of sends the same message. Sing along, if you like:

"I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow-white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company."

I do not feel like running through poppy fields, yet. Maybe if I sing the chorus a few more times (and down some more Tinto from Portugal) I will feel better.

1 comment:

Me said...

The Husband often makes fun of me, because the only way I know this song is from a Coke-a-Cola commercial from when I was a kid... It went...

"I'd like to buy the world a Coke... And keep it company..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8H5263jCGg