Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Before There Was Email...

What did we do before email? Does anyone remember how we communicated before email?

I was blessed with a new work computer yesterday - it's faster, it's more powerful, and it doesn't crash when I open more than two files while logged onto the Internet. Unfortunately, it does not like my email server. It won't open Outlook, denies me access to my folders and prevents me from communicating with the powers-that-be in London who have been in the office for five hours now and are clearly able to access their email.

Yes, I should have saved the powerpoint presentation to a hard drive so I didn't have to rely on email to view it. Yes, I should have saved the most recent version of the guide I'm editing to my hard drive, so I didn't have to rely on email this morning. Yes, I should have logged off the computer and then logged back on yesterday when the tech guy was sitting here to make sure I could get into all my accounts.

But I didn't. And now, I'm without email and left wondering... what is the rest of the world doing?

No comments: