Sunday, August 24, 2008

Roaming Around Boston

Today I left my apartment. I realize I can't sit here all day and "protect" my home, so I ventured out to meet my friend The Missus in the South End. We walked to the South End artist's market and I bought a particularly cool necklace for my fall jewelry collection. It's blue agate (I think it looks like a bunch of Earth's on a string) and Jewelry Central tells me that agate, in general, "is good for transmutation; helps with the emotion of acceptance; gives a mellow, blended aspect; and is beneficial in the stomach area."

From there we strolled to the movies and took in the new Woody Allen flick, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona", which was excellent (if you're a Woody Allen fan). I wonder why men like Javier Bardem don't approach me in bars when I'm traveling and ask me to go away for the weekend and make love in mysterious places. Note to self: Plan vacation to Barcelona.

We met up with our friend Bail afterwards at a local pub and noshed on some rather greasy and suspect bar food while recounting the last 48 hours of our lives. 

I came home and settled into my place. Taking deep breaths and moving the kitchen table back in front of the front door to act as a block to the outside world. I opened a glass of Merlot, sipped quietly and breathed deeply. Tonight, I will be safe.

No comments: