Sunday, August 10, 2008

Restaurant Week Boston: Dinner 1

Restaurant Week is one of my favorite weeks -- cheap ($33) three-course dinners at usually very expensive places. Tonight was dinner No. 1: Marco's.

I met my darling ladies for our party of four reservations at 6:30 p.m. We started with cocktails and then moved on to our first course. I had the caprese salad and it was wonderful -- the mozzarella was as soft as butter, the tomatoes were ripe and sweet and the balsamic dressing with thick and caramely. I chose the salmon for my main dish and I was unfortunately disappointed. The salmon filet was cold, but it was fresh -- seems like it was just cooked first and sat for a bit before the pastas were complete. The pasta dishes were amazing -- fresh, delicious and hot! I capped off my three-course with mango sorbet and finished my pinot grigio before heading home for the night.

Finally, something lovely to end the week from the hell.

Next up: Dinner No. 2 at Vintage Lounge.

No comments: