Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthday Countdown Begins in Two Days

It's my favorite time of year. My birthday festivities are starting a week early this year, but that's OK by me - gives me an extra week to celebrate.

First up: Annual birthday dinner with TJ -- we share the same birthday week and for the past five years, we've celebrated by choosing one restaurant we want to splurge on and book ourselves a table. This year we're heading to Grotto -- an Italian restaurant in Beacon Hill.

One week before actual birthday: Birthday dinner with Boston family group 1. Since my birthday actually falls on Labor Day weekend and I am sensitive to the fact that many people will be traveling, I've moved my birthday dinner back a week so that all my dear ones can be around the table. This particular dinner is ultra-special...

Not only will I have my Boston immediate family around me, but we're celebrating with the power of numerology (which my friend Jane says is an awesome way to begin your year). I am turning 33, we are dining at 33 Restaurant, and it's Restaurant Week so all the 3-course dinners are $33. (I hope the staff at 33 aren't rude and pushy, because that would totally ruin my birthday numerology vibe).


6-days before birthday: Two-hour meditation, yoga and pilates class at the gym. Great way to "cleanse" as the big 33 approaches.

Birthday Day: NO WORK. I take this day as a holiday from work.
  • 1 p.m. - personal training session.
  • 3 p.m. - massage
  • 5 p.m. - hair cut/color
  • 7 p.m. - dinner with Boston family group 2. My co-workers and travel gals are taking me to "OM".
I leave the next morning for Florida to spend my birthday weekend with my family -- Dad, Mom and sis -- something I haven't done in years. It's already feeling like a very special year.

No comments: