Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rocking the Spy World

I'm starting to put together the Washington, DC, trip plan. With an 11- and 13-year-old, plans are important. What to do? Where to go? When? Washington, DC has so much to offer, but proper planning (and avoiding lines, when possible) is key to this successful trip.

Enter: The International Spy Museum - where boys can be boys, and I can admire the cool gadgets and guns behind glass. I took it one step further and bought tickets to Operation Spy - and interactive 1-hour journey where you are the spy. This is so cool.

And then I read the following: "Participants will encounter some low light levels and confining spaces, an elevator..." There goes my idea of a good time. So I call my friend and tell her I'm not sure if I can do this.

The 11-year-old says out loud, "It won't be fun if you don't go."

Crap. I'm such a sucker. I spent $25 on an interactive tour that will undoubtedly cause me heart palpitations and a minor anxiety attack. But it won't be fun if I don't go.

No comments: