Friday, April 11, 2008

The Road Not Taken: Sleep

I usually arrive at work between 7:00-7:30 a.m. but today, I slept in. Armed with my excess relaxation upon waking, I did not trip over the four various pairs of shoes that are scattered on my bedroom floor while I fumbled to the bathroom this morning. I was able to find my toothbrush (which is always in its rightful place, although I never look there) and I opted for contacts instead of glasses.

Staying at home past 7 a.m. afforded me the opportunity to catch up on world news. It turns out Mets fans get duped during a "Rick Rolling" prank and the first ever "Newseum" is making its debut in Washington, D.C. I'm proud to be a journalist.

I chose my outfit with caution as I'll be dining out tonight for a co-worker's birthday at an undisclosed location (sorry, she reads this blog and it's a secret). On my walk to work I stopped off at my favorite Starbucks and ordered a venti iced coffee -- the first sign of spring. The nice gentleman behind me gave me the $0.35 I needed to cash out my $3.35 caffeine fix. As I left the Starbucks, traffic was against my groove and I couldn't get across the street. A nice young gentlemen took one step forward into the street causing the car approaching to stop and turned to me and said, "Now it's our turn." I safely made it across the street and into my office at a ripe 8:32 a.m.

Today, I slept in, and that has made all the difference.

1 comment:

Me said...

Thanks for the b-day celebration! Cuchi Cuchi was awesome!